My passion for personal growth began while I was an undergraduate student at the University of Texas in Austin. At that time, there were endless opportunities for growth and connection, both on campus and in the community. It was the beginning of a very rewarding personal and professional journey.
What’s important to me as a therapist:
After spending many years working with teens and adults in a variety of clinical settings, I decided to start my private practice in Austin. I wanted to have a clear purpose for my practice and incorporate what had become really important to me over the years.
- I offer a safe, encouraging place to share your burden, to begin healing from painful experiences, and to learn new skills – so that you can feel better.
- I view you as a human being, rather than a diagnosis or set of problems.
- Your therapy is unique to you; it is based on who you are as an individual, your needs and what you hope to gain during the process.
My counseling style and approach:
- My counseling style is warm and engaging, down-to-earth and highly relational. I like to draw on the latest research on attachment and neurobiology, which emphasizes the significance of the counseling relationship.
- Therapy is individualized based on your specific needs, goals, background, history and situation.
- In addition to ‘talk therapy’, I support strategies that help to strengthen the mind/body connection, such as meditation, relaxation and other simple techniques that assist with regulating mood and coping with difficult emotions.
My background and education:
- More than 20 years of combined clinical experience
- BA Psychology, University of Texas at Austin
- MSW, Fordham University in New York
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Texas
- Board Approved Clinical Supervisor, Texas
- Certified Life Coach
Some highlights of my career:
- Graduated from UT Austin with a degree in Psychology
- Worked as counselor in the field of chemical dependency and behavioral health
- Obtained MSW from Fordham University in New York and became a LMSW (Licensed Master Social Worker)
- Held management and supervisory roles within treatment facilities in Texas and New York
- Provided counseling services at local hospice with terminally ill patients and their family members
- Provided psychotherapy for children, adolescents, adults, couples and families in a private practice setting while obtaining clinical licensure
- Began private practice as an independently licensed psychotherapist (LCSW) in 2013
- Board approved clinical supervisor for LMSW’s since 2015