Counseling for Depression and Anxiety
Austin therapist Jennifer Wagner, LCSW, offers professional counseling for mood disorders, including depression and anxiety.
Depression signals a need to ask for help — not an easy step for most people. Depression and grief can feel very similar, however, an experienced professional can make this determination and can monitor both during the course of counseling.
Symptoms of Depression:
- Loss of interest in usual activities
- Feeling isolated or alone
- Lack of energy or motivation
- Feeling sad or ’empty’ much of the time
- Changes in sleeping or eating patterns
- Feelings of hopelessness
Living with prolonged anxiety takes a toll, both emotionally and physically. Counseling provides an opportunity to explore thoughts and feelings and to develop strategies for managing symptoms.
Symptoms of Anxiety:
- Frequent feelings of panic and/or fear
- Sleep problems
- Excessive worry
- Physical symptoms, such as muscle tension
- Shallow breathing
- Obsessive thinking or rumination
Please contact Jennifer Wagner for a free phone consultation. She will discuss any questions and will provide additional resources if needed.
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please call 9-1-1 or (512) 472-HELP immediately.