Counseling for Grief and Loss
The loss of a loved one brings about a wide range of emotions, often at a depth that most people have not previously experienced. The intensity of grief can be felt both physically and emotionally, and its ups and downs may seem overwhelming at times. If you have endured a loss through the death of a loved one, divorce or the ending of an important relationship, grief counseling can help. Jennifer Wagner, LCSW, is an experienced and compassionate grief and loss therapist. She works with children, adolescents, adults and seniors in the Austin area who have been impacted by loss.
Grief counseling services address many types of loss, including:
- Loss of spouse through death or divorce
- Ending of a significant relationship
- Loss of family member — as an adult or in early years
- Pregnancy loss — at any stage of pregnancy
- Complicated grief — compounded by other issues
- Traumatic loss — unexpected or under traumatic circumstances
- Anticipatory grief — when self or loved one is terminally ill
- Pet loss
Counseling services are also available for caregivers of terminally ill family members. Those who care for a loved one with terminal illness face multiple risk factors, including depression, anxiety, challenges with self-care, loneliness and isolation.
You don’t have to navigate the experience of loss alone. A caring professional can help you to understand the grief process as well as to manage the emotional ups and downs..
Please contact Jennifer Wagner with any questions or to schedule and initial appointment.